I've had many conversations about ethics with former clients and students. They call when they are facing a tough situation and are not sure which way to turn. Having a safe space to talk about ethical dilemmas is critical, and that’s why I’ve built a class to strengthen your ethics compass and build your community of practice.
Ethical challenges in our coaching practices are confusing and complex. They involve risks. They don't have clear "right" answers. They happen when you least expect them. They can knock you off center and threaten your ability to be the best coach you can be.
It's not a question of IF, but WHEN you will face an Ethical Challenge.
To be your best coach, even when these challenges come up... Be Prepared!
- Understand the expectations for Ethical behavior
- Think about Ethical challenges before they happen
- Have honest conversations with experienced coaches to expand your thinking
- Incorporate support for Ethical conduct into your business practices, conversations and agreements with clients, sponsors, and colleagues
- Have a “life line” to trusted colleagues to talk through challenges when they occur
My Ethics in Coaching class will get your prepared!
The small class size and interactive facilitation creates meaningful conversation among experienced coaches about the real-life ethical challenges we face in our coaching practices.
This accelerated virtual learning experience takes place over the course of two live 90-minute on0line sessions with additional offline support integrated before and after each session. The benefits include:
- Time in class to ask questions, learn from your peers, and share your experiences
- Offline exercises and reflection prompts to extend the learning
- Practical ways to improve your agreements and business practices
- A chance to expand your community of practice
- Proven course design by an instructor who understands adult learning and the fundamentals of ethics in coaching
- Meets the ICF’s accreditation renewal requirement
Here's what an alumna shared about what she learned:
I signed up for the Ethics in Coaching course because I know that there is more complexity to ethics than immediately meets the eye. I wanted to be sure I was maintaining the highest ethical standards. The class assignments and discussion did, in fact, raise issues I hadn't considered. For example, I participate in a coaches group where we continue our learning as coaches and sometimes share challenges we face with coaching clients. Even though we don't share names or organizations, I decided to add a sentence to my coaching agreement that lets my client know this. I feel this is another way my practice is maintaining the highest standards of transparency and confidentiality.
I also very much appreciated Sue's approach to the class. She has excellent examples, content and facilitates a meaningful discussion. The assignments helped me to reflect on our discussions and use what I learned. I highly recommend this class for new and experienced coaches.
Paula Lowe, PCC
If these kinds of conversations will steward your own growth and service as a coach, join me for Ethics in Coaching.
Here's what you'll get with the Ethics in Coaching class:
- Recorded webinar to introduce you to the fundamentals of ethics in coaching.
- Two 90-minute classes for discussion with other experienced coaches about how to apply these fundamentals to the real-life ethics challenges
- Homework assignments to apply what you've learned to your own coaching practice.
- 6 Core Competency CEUs which include the 3 hours of Ethics training you need for your credential renewal
Are you renewing your credetial this year? You'll need 3 hours of Ethics Training!
Approval for 6 ICF Core Competency CEUs is in the works!
Register now... Early bird registration saves $40 off the regular price
Register now to hold your place.