Ethics and professional standards are complex and situational. They involve risks. They don't have clear "right" answers. They happen when you least expect them. They can knock you off center and threaten your ability to be the best coach you can be.
It's not a question of IF, but WHEN you will face an Ethical Challenge.
- Understand the expectations for Ethical behavior in coaching
- Think about Ethical challenges before they happen
- Have honest conversations with experienced coaches to expand your thinking
- Incorporate support for Ethical conduct into your business practices, conversations and agreements with clients, sponsors, and colleagues
- Have a “life line” to a trusted colleague to talk through challenges when they occur
I've had many conversations about ethics with former clients and students. They call when they are facing a tough situation and are not sure which way to turn. Having a safe space to talk about ethical dilemmas is critical, and that’s why I’ve built a class to strengthen your ethics compass and build your community of practice.
Ethics in Coaching creates meaningful conversation among experienced coaches about how to be prepared for the real-life ethical challenges we face in our coaching practices.
This accelerated virtual learning experience takes place over the course of two live 90-minute on0line sessions with additional offline support integrated before and after each session. The benefits include:
- Proven design and interactive facilitation style
- Strong foundation in the fundamentals of ethics in coaching
- Time in class to ask questions, learn from your peers, and share your experiences
- Offline exercises and reflection prompts to extend the learning at home and optimize class discussion
- A chance to expand your community of practice
- Meets the ICF’s accreditation renewal requirement
Although Ethics in Coaching is a new offer, teaching coaches to be thoughtful and intentional about how to approach ethics has been a passion of mine for years. In my Coaching Master Class, we focus on Ethics as one of the coaching competencies. These conversations give us a chance to think ahead about what could happen and come up with some practical steps to take to be better prepared. While we cannot predict which ethical challenge we'll face next, I've seen the value of having a conversation among peers about this complex issue.
Here's what an alumna shared about what she learned:
I signed up for the Ethics in Coaching course because I know that there is more complexity to ethics than immediately meets the eye. I wanted to be sure I was maintaining the highest ethical standards. The class assignments and discussion did, in fact, raise issues I hadn't considered. For example, I participate in a coaches group where we continue our learning as coaches and sometimes share challenges we face with coaching clients. Even though we don't share names or organizations, I decided to add a sentence to my coaching agreement that lets my client know this. I feel this is another way my practice is maintaining the highest standards of transparency and confidentiality.
I also very much appreciated Sue's approach to the class. She has excellent examples, content and facilitates a meaningful discussion. The assignments helped me to reflect on our discussions and use what I learned. I highly recommend this class for new and experienced coaches.
Paula Lowe, PCC
If these kinds of conversations sound like they will steward your own growth and service as a coach, I sure hope you’ll consider joining me in Ethics in Coaching.
Here's what you'll get with the Ethics in Coaching class:
- Recorded webinar to introduce you to the fundamentals of ethics in coaching.
- Two 90-minute classes for discussion with other experienced coaches about how to apply these fundamentals to the real-life ethics challenges
- that come up when coaching with leaders and within organizations.
- Homework assignments that allow to apply what you've learned to your own coaching practice.
- Small classes so your get the learning you need.
Are you renewing your credetial this year? You'll need 3 hours of Ethics Training!
6 Core Competency CEUs which include the 3 hours of Ethics training you need for your credential renewal
Register now... Early bird registration saves $40 off the regular price
Alumni receive an additional $50 discount!